TicketTamer Terms of Service
1. Trade Name: TicketTamer is a trade name for the reduced fee traffic ticket program of ReubenLaw LLC, which is located at P.O. Box 39023, St. Louis, Mo., 63109. Richard C. Reuben, Mo. Bar No. 63665, is the principal attorney for ReubenLaw LLC.
3. What We Do for You: We represent you before the court on all matters relating to your ticket(s). Once we have entered on your behalf, you don’t have to worry about appearing in court, or even the court date. For all practical purposes, you will be on an entirely different track for purposes of how your ticket will be handled.
We will ask the court to reduce the charge against you to a non-moving violation so that you won’t get points on your record that your insurance company could use to raise your insurance rates by hundreds of dollars a year. We will also ask the court to dismiss non-moving violations, such as expired license plates and other so-called “fix it” tickets without penalty. If there are warrants out for your arrest, we will need to remove them in order for the prosecutor to consider reducing your charge to a non-moving violation. You can also retain us to work with you on other matters by mutual agreement.
4. Payment for Services; Refunds. Payment for services is due immediately upon engaging the services of TicketTamer and ReubenLaw LLC by uploading your ticket into the TicketTamer app or web site, or by delivering it to a TicketTamer agent by other means. If you change your mind about using our service, we will refund any payments made prior to our entry on your behalf with the court. No refunds are available after we have entered on your behalf.
5. Termination for Non-Payment. Timely payment for ReubenLaw LLC services is a condition precedent to our duty to provide you with the prosecutor’s recommendation. If you have not fully paid by the time we receive the recommendation, ReubenLaw LLC will, upon written notice to
you, withdraw our entry on your behalf, and request that your court date be set for the next court calendar in order to give the client time to find another attorney or prepare for your own defense.
You may choose to “rehire” ReubenLaw LLC after the initial attorney-client relationship has been terminated by ReubenLaw LLC for non-payment by paying a new fee for the ticket. The amount paid previously is non-refundable and may not be applied to any subsequent engagements of ReubenLaw LLC.
6. Termination of Representation. Our legal obligations to you end when we deliver to you, by any medium, the prosecutor’s recommendation and advise you about how to pay the fine and court costs. ReubenLaw LLC is not responsible for the payment of your ticket or the satisfaction of any other conditions the recommendation may require. This is entirely your responsibility, and should be taken care of as soon as you receive the recommendation. The prosecutor’s recommendation is typically only good for a specific period of time, and will be withdrawn if you haven’t paid your ticket by the date specified in the prosecutor’s recommendation. In that case, we would be glad to continue to represent you, but we would have to charge you for a new ticket.
You may hire us to pay your fine and court costs for you. However, this is a new and independent legal relationship from our representation of you on the original ticket.
7. Consent to Sign on Your Behalf. Some jurisdictions require you to sign documents that are time sensitive, such as a guilty plea that must be received by the court before it can accept payment for a recommendation. We will make every effort to have you sign such documents yourself. However, you may also authorize us in writing to sign such documents on your behalf.
9. Referrals. At your election, ReubenLaw LLC may provide you with a referral to other professionals to help you with other matters arising out of the incident for which you have received your ticket, such as for more advanced legal services, vehicle repair services, and trauma counseling services. You will not be charged for such referrals, although the provider of those services may pay a referral fee to ReubenLaw LLC for the referral.
While ReubenLaw LLC does a limited background check on members of its referral networks, ReubenLaw LLC in no way warrants or bears any legal responsibility for the third-party service provided. Any such engagement is entirely independent of your relationship with ReubenLaw LLC, and all remedies for all harms caused directly or proximity by a referral may only be directed at the service provider.
10. Consent to Receive Communications. You agree that you may receive communications from TicketTamer, including case updates, account reminders, and newsletters.
11. Lawful Activities. You can only use our Services if they do not conflict with or violate the laws of your jurisdiction(s). By using our Services, you accept sole responsibility that you or any family member’s use of or access to our Services does not violate any applicable laws in your jurisdiction(s). To enforce this provision, TicketTamer(s) reserves the right to refuse, suspend or terminate your account immediately and without prior notice at its sole discretion.
12. Intellectual Property Rights; Notice. TicketTamer retains all right, title and interest in and to its products and services, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, service marks, copyrights, photographs, videos, music, and all related intellectual property rights. Except as otherwise provided in this agreement, you may not, and may not permit others to: (i) reproduce, modify, translate, enhance, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivative works of any of our products and services; (ii) sell, license, sub-license, rent, lease, distribute, copy, publicly display, publish, adapt or edit any of our products and services; or (iii) circumvent or disable any security or technological features of our products and services.
A. Copyright. The design, text, graphics, selection and arrangement of services, documents, and legal guidance, and all other content found on our mobile app and web site are copyrighted and protected under federal copyright law, 17 U.S.C. 101, et seq. © TicketTamer. All rights reserved.
B. Trademark. TicketTamerTM is a registered trademark in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. These and any other TicketTamer product or service names or slogans displayed on TicketTamer products are trademarks of ReubenLaw LLC. You may not copy, imitate or use them, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent. In addition, the look and feel of TicketTamer is a service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of TicketTamer and you may not copy, imitate or use it, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent.
C. Patent. A patent is pending on the operation of the TicketTamer mobile app. You may not i) reproduce, modify, translate, enhance, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivative works of any of our products and services; (ii) sell, license, sub-license, rent, lease, distribute, copy, publicly display, publish, adapt or edit any of our products and services; or (iii) circumvent or disable any security or technological features of our products and services.
All goodwill generated from the use of TicketTamer’s intellectual property is reserved for the use of TicketTamer, exclusively.
13. Infringement. We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
If you believe that any material on our website infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may file a DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement with TicketTamer’s Designated Copyright Agent: ReubenLaw, email RReubenLaw@gmail.com
Disclaimer of Representations and Liability
Please Read Carefully as it Affects Your Legal Rights and Obligations
14. Controlling Law. These Terms will be governed by Missouri law except for its conflicts of laws principles.
15. Legal Advice. ReubenLaw LLC does not guarantee or represent that we will be successful in our representation of you through TicketTamer. Any legal advice you may receive represents our best judgment given our knowledge of the law, the courts, prosecutor practices, and other considerations. You always have the option to reject our advice.
16. Warranties. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, REUBENLAW LLC AND ITS AFFILIATES AND PARTNERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT OUR SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
17. Damages. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL REUBNLAW LLC, ITS AFFILIATES AND PARTNERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT REUBENLAW LLC HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
REUBENLAW LLC’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SERVICES SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF $500 OR THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO REUBENLAW LLC THROUGH TICKETTAMER FOR THE 3 MONTHS PRECEDING THE SERVICES IN QUESTION.
18. Indemnification. You agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless ReubenLaw LLC and TicketTamer, and its affiliates and their officers, employees, directors and agents, from any and all losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of any third party claims relating to your use of TicketTamer services, your violation of these Terms or your violation of any rights of another.
19. Dispute Resolution by Negotiation, Mediation, or Binding Arbitration. Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to your satisfaction by emailing us at Info@TicketTamer.com.
However, if TicketTamer is not able to resolve a dispute with you after attempting to do so through informal negotiation, then as a condition to your use of our Services we mutually agree to resolve such dispute through mediation conducted by a mutually agreeable mediator, and if that fails, binding arbitration by a mutually agreeable arbitrator using the AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules then in place. The mediation or arbitration will be held in the United States county where you live or work, metropolitan St. Louis, Mo., or any other location as to which we may then mutually agree. A party seeking binding arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written notice of dispute.
20. Legal Notice. Legal notice to TicketTamer must be addressed to ReubenLaw LLC, P.O. Box 39023, St. Louis, Mo., 63109. Any notice to you shall be sent to your address as set forth in TicketTamer’s records of account, or any such other legal address as ReubenLaw LLC is able to identify.
21. Class Actions. You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations aren’t allowed.
Notwithstanding our agreement to follow a stepped dispute resolution process, as provided above, the following exceptions will apply to the resolution of disputes between us:
22. Injunctive Relief. TicketTamer may bring a lawsuit against you in any court of competent jurisdiction solely for injunctive relief to stop any unauthorized use or abuse of the Services without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
TicketTamer may bring a lawsuit against you in any court of competent jurisdiction solely for injunctive relief to stop any intellectual property infringement without first engaging in the dispute-resolution process described above.
23. Jurisdiction and Venue. In the event that the agreement to arbitrate provided herein is found to be inapplicable or unenforceable for any reason, then we agree that any resulting judicial proceedings will be brought in the federal or state courts of metropolitan St. Louis, MO. By your use of the Services, you expressly consent to venue and personal jurisdiction of the courts therein.
24. Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and TicketTamer with respect to the subject matter of these Terms, and supersede and replace any other prior or contemporaneous agreements, or terms and conditions applicable to the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms create no third-party beneficiary rights.
25. Waiver, Separability, and Assignment. The failure by ReubenLaw LLC to failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If a provision is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Terms will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms, and any such attempt will be void. ReubenLaw LLC may assign its rights to any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, or partners, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services.
26. Modifications of Terms of Service. We may revise these Terms from time to time, and will always post the most current version on our website. If a revision meaningfully reduces your rights, we will notify you (by, for example, posting on our blog). By continuing to use or access the Services after the revisions come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at Info@TicketTamer.com or by U.S. post at ReubenLaw, LLC, P.O. Box 39023, St. Louis, Mo., 63109.